- Public Events
- Behind the Scenes | Yingfei Liang [CN with JP subtitles]
Behind the Scenes | Yingfei Liang [CN with JP subtitles]
Date: 9/25 Time: 14:00
Join KG+ select winner 2020 Yingfei Liang for a behind-the-scenes look at her work, its evolution, and the series shown in KYOTOGRAPHIE 2021.
- Yingfei Liang
- Yingfei Liang is a Chinese visual storyteller who began practicing photography in 2012. In 2015, Liang joined the Beijing-based media group Caixin Media. As a photojournalist, she covers spot news in China and reports on social minorities. Since 2018, Liang has been actively involved in the Magnum Foundation Photography Expanded Documentary Mentorship Program. “Beneath the scars”, her multimedia project reflecting the traumatic memories of sexual abuse victims, received the 2019 Inter Art Center New Documentaries Prize, was awarded at the 2020 KYOTOGRAPHIE International Photography Festival, and was exhibited in the 15th edition of the LianZhou Photo Festival. In May 2020, Liang went to Wuhan, the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic, to cover stories of those who have lost their family members to the virus. The short film she made, called Good Morning, My Wife In Heaven has won the third prize winner in the Short category of the 2021 Digital Storytelling Contest.
- Lake Biwa Canal Museum Tour [JP]
- Date: 9/26 Time: 11:00 -12:30
- Cyanotype / Let’s Create our own Blueprints and study the echo of light [ENG/JP]
- 10/2 (Satu) 10:30 - 12:00, 13:30 - 15:00 (10/2 in case of rain)
Postponed to Oct 2nd, due to rain.
- Let’s write a fantasy photo novel looking at Erwin Olaf picture together with award novelist Shinji ishii [ENG/JP]
- 10/16 (Saturday) 10:00 - 12:00